Online PaleoCore Training Workshop 27-28 May 2015
Our first PaleoCore online training workshop is scheduled for 27 and 28 June 2015. This workshop will focus on data collection workflows using iOS devices in the field.
Who: Anyone interested in using the PaleoCore data management system
What: Online overview of PaleoCore functionality and methodology
Where: Online using Google+ Hangouts
When: Wednesday and Thursday 27-28 May 11 AM - 1 PM Eastern Time = 10 AM - Noon Central Time
How: Google+ Hangouts
- Create a Google+ account if you do not have one already.
- Email me with your Google+ account login name to be invited to the Hangout.
- Have at least one iOS device running iOS 7 or 8 with the Garafa GISPro app installed.
- Familiarize yourself with PaleoCore website and concepts.
Topics and Outline
Day 1 - PaleoCore concepts and data management fundamentals
- PaleoCore overview
- Introduction to spatial data management
- PaleoCore basic ontology and terms
- Creating PaleoCore user accounts
- Initializing PaleoCore projects
- Mapping project schemas
- Downloading Data from PaleoCore
- PaleoCore and QGIS
Day 2 - Mobile Devices and Digital Data Collection in the Field
- Configuring GISPro
- Installing and customizing the PaleoCore feature class
- Developing a data collection workflow
- Caching map tiles for use in the field
- Exporting data from GISPRo and backing up data
- Uploading data to PaleoCore